Recover an Exchange Server
You can recover a lost server by using the Setup /m:RecoverServer switch in Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. Most of the settings for a computer running Exchange 2013 are stored in Active Directory. The /m:RecoverServer switch rebuilds an Exchange server with the same name by using the settings and other information stored in Active Directory.
Recovering a lost Exchange server is often accomplished by using new hardware. However, you can also use an existing server.
- Install Windows OS and give same IP as previous (failed Exchange).
2. Reset Domain account as shown in below image.
3. Join Domain with same computer name as previous.
4.Drives letters must be same a previous installation.
You can view previous installation path from adsiedit.msc
- Create Drive Letter and Folder path for Datebase(.edb) and logs accordingly. You can get that from Adsiedit.msc
And restore .EDB file from backup on that folder.
- Install Exchange 2013 Prerequisites.
- Install Exchange 2013 with /m:RecoverServer
Setup /m:RecoverServer /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
Now check Exchange Server Services.